Planning A NASCAR Themed Wedding
Whether you want a traditional wedding or a quirky ceremony, you can inject your personality into every aspect of your wedding day by choosing a unique wedding theme. The best way to choose a wedding theme is to think about what you and your fiancé have most in common. If your family members are die-hard Dale Earnhardt or Jeff Gordon fans, and you have been lucky enough to find someone special who shares your passion for NASCAR, then you might consider having a professional stock car race-themed wedding.
If you are planning a large celebration or a simple, private family affair, you will still need to decide upon a location, date, colors, cake and decorations. You can incorporate your love for NASCAR into each of these items, making the theme prominent or offering simple, subtle touches throughout the event. And, don’t forget to check your calendar when setting the wedding date. You might find it difficult to persuade your guests to attend the party if you don’t provide a TV. Couples might also consider a custom designed racing team fan towel for guests to wave throughout the day.
We can also help you create unique NASCAR-themed items for your wedding. Our talented graphic artists can design a realistic Race Pass for your wedding invitation or turn your wedding program into a race day program, complete with pictures of the bride, groom and wedding party decked out in racing gear. A NASCAR themed wedding invitation may be just the thing to pull all of your wedding preparations together.
Here are some additional creative ideas for planning an exciting NASCAR themed wedding that will provide a personalized touch on your special day:
- Ceremony Locations: If you are lucky enough to live near a NASCAR race track, contact the manager to ask about holding your big day on the starting line before the race begins. Or, search for a local race track in your city if you are not already a member of one. Your guests can cheer you on from the grandstands.
- Unique Guestbook Ideas: Do you worship Dale Earnhardt, Jr. or consider Jeff Gordon the greatest driver of all time? Purchase a life-size cardboard cutout of your favorite driver or add their number to a racing helmet, then hand your guests a metallic marker to sign their wedding wishes.
- Groomsman Pit Crew: Multiple groomsman armed with breath mints and Binaca, a bottle of cologne, mirror and comb, lint brush and a shoe shine kit, all primp the groom simultaneously at multiple intervals throughout the day. When the groom hits the start button on his stopwatch, the pit crew springs into action.
- Wedding Cake: Cakes come in all shapes, sizes and colors, but if you want a traditional wedding cake, you can still celebrate your love for NASCAR by ordering the groom’s cake in the shape of your favorite racer’s car or your favorite track.
- Food: Trim costs by serving authentic race day food, including barbeque, hamburgers and hot dogs, wrapped in checkered sleeves that are personalized with your names and wedding date or favorite racer’s number. If you want to serve more traditional food, consider having the bartender serve “King Petty Whiskey” or “Winston Cup Wine” by pouring it out of gas cans.
- Wedding Ceremony: Have the ring bearer drive the flower girl down the aisle in a PowerWheels race car as she drops rose petals behind them. After the ceremony, bridesmaids and groomsmen can form a line and hold out checkered flags as you make your way back down the aisle at the end of the ceremony. Then, hop in a pace car and take a victory lap around the track.
- Wedding Favors: Your guests will appreciate receiving a custom-designed NASCAR wedding invitation pit pass to commemorate your special day. Personalized NASCAR themed racing team fan towels are a great option for guests. Give them out as wedding favors to create a grand entrance as the wedding party enters the room. Have personalized plastic trophies with the bride and groom's name along with their wedding date. If you are buying a gift for the groom, look for a collectible Matchbox car or have a chrome or silver key ring imprinted with the message, “You drive me crazy”.
- For more NASCAR Themed Wedding Ideas, follow our NASCAR Wedding Pinterest Page.